June 18, 2018
Equipment You Will Need
- Fmm Large Cycle Tappit Set
- Fmm Fluffy Clouds
- Fmm Essential Shapes
- Fmm Geometrics Set
- Fmm Art Deco Alphabet & Numbers Uppercase
- Fmm Dab-A-Dust (If Required)
- Non Stick Mat & Non Stick Rolling Pin
- White, Red & Grey Modelling Paste
- White Modelling And Flower Paste
- Mix (Or Gum Paste)
- White Fondant
- Water & Paintbrush (Or Edible Glue)
- 1 X 2 Tier Cake (6” X 5” & 8” X 5”) Covered In White Fondant With Grey Fondant On Top Of Bottom Tier
- 11” Cake Board Covered In Grey Fondant Edged With Red Ribbon
- Blue, Red & Black Edible Pen
- Edible Colour Dusts Orange, Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver And Green Mixed With Clear Alcohol Or Edible Paint
- Royal Icing & 2 Lolly Sticks
- Thin White Ribbon
- Kitchen Knife (Small)
Hints & Tips
- Always read the project sheet in full before starting your cake!
- To make your own modelling paste, add a little tylo to your fondant.
- Allow the modelling paste shapes to sit and firm up for a short time before attaching to your cake.
- If your modelling paste is sticking to your tools or mat use your FMM Dab-a-Dust for dusting with cornflour or icing sugar.
To Make The Decorations - Refer To Cake Photograph
- Roll out white modelling paste and cut out the following: a) 2 bikes, 2 cycling t-shirts, 2 water bottles and 2 cycling gloves using the cycling tappit; b) 4 fluffy clouds (shape of choice); b) 16 triangles (third largest) and 14 triangles (second largest); d) 12 squares (third largest); e) The London Eye - Cut out a large circle using the large circle cutter; f) The Bridge - Cut out a large rectangle using the kitchen knife and use the large oval to cut the arches in to it. g) Cut out 2 rectangles to make the London and Brighton signs with your kitchen knife. h) Cut out 12 small rectangles with the kitchen knife to make the road markings. (SIT DECORATIONS TO ONE SIDE TO DRY A LITTLE)
To Make The Bike Topper
- Roll out white modelling/flower paste mix. Cut out the bike and 2 wheels. Allow to dry completely (at least 24 hours). (PREPARE 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE)
To Make The Circles
- Roll out green, red, orange, blue and yellow modelling paste. Cut out circles in each colour using the second largest circle with the circle tappit from the essential shapes set. Place the decorations to one side.
To Make The Bunting
- Measure around the outside of the bottom tier and divide by 4. Place a cocktail stick a small way in the cake all the way round. Knead a small amount of white fondant and place in the sugarcraft gun. Extrude the fondant from the gun through the disc. Drape the white fondant string over the cocktail sticks. Secure the fondant with water. Repeat this process for the top tier but divide by 3.
To Make The Inscription
- Roll out red modelling paste. Use the Art Deco set to cut out the inscription ‘FINISH’. Place to one side.