November 27, 2017
Equipment You Will Need
- FMM Mummy & Baby Elephant Cutters
- FMM Fluffy Cliud Cutters
- FMM Art Deco Uppercase Tappits
- FMM Star Design Emboss Rolling Pin
- FMM Dab-A-Dust (If Required)
- FMM Knife & Scriber Tool
- Non Stick Mat & Non Stick Rolling Pin
- Green, Blue, Yellow & Pink Modelling Paste
- White Fondant
- Water & Paintbrush (Edible Glue If You Prefer)
- Black Sugar Balls, Edible Pen – Black, Edible Royal Icing
- Lolly Stick
Hints & Tips
- Always read the project sheet in full before starting your cake!
- To make your own modelling paste, add a little tylo to your fondant.
- Allow the modelling paste shapes to sit and firm up for a short time before attaching to your cake.
- If your modelling paste is sticking to your tools or mat use your FMM Dab-a-Dust for dusting with cornflour or icing sugar.
Making The Mummy Elephant
- Roll out green modelling paste. Place the mummy elephant cutter on top of the green modeling paste and cut out 1 large elephant. Roll out pink modelling paste and cut out 1 large ear. Attach to the large elephant with water. Make an eye with a sugar ball and place to one side to dry. (Prepare 24 hours in advance).
Making The Baby Elephant's
- Roll out green, pink, blue and yellow modelling paste. Cut out 9 baby elephants and ears in various colours. Attach different colour ear to each different elephant. For example pink elephant with yellow ear and so on. Make an eye with a sugar ball and place to one side to dry off a little. (Prepare 24 hours in advance).
To Make The Inscription Clouds
- Roll out blue modelling paste and emboss using the FMM Star Design Embossed Rolling Pin. Cut out 3 clouds in the shape of your choice.
- Roll out green, pink and yellow modelling paste and cut out the words ‘Baby Shower’ in alternating colours. For example green B, pink A and so on. Allow to dry for a few minutes.
Assembling The Cake
- Attach the small elephants to the bottom of the cake with water. Alternating the colours all the way round. Attach the first one in the centre of the cake and then attach 1 each side and so on.
- Attach the 3 clouds to the cake with water. 1 in the centre close to the top and then 2 at the same level below.
- Attach the inscription to the clouds with water. ‘BABY’ on the top cloud and ‘SHO’ and ‘WER’ on the 2 clouds below.
- Once the mummy elephant is completely dry secure to the top of the cake. Insert lolly stick behind the elephant discreetly and secure with royal icing.