Entwined Hearts Cake
Entwined Hearts Cake
April 09, 2018
Equipment You Will Need
- MM Entwined Hearts Cutter
- MM MR & MRS Curved Words
- MM Geometric Cutter Set
- MM Firm Foam Former Pad
- MM Ball Tool
- MM Dab-A-Dust (If Required)
- MM Water Pen
- Pink And Ivory Modelling Paste
- Pink Flower Paste
- 3 Tier Cake (6” X 5”, 8”X 3.5” & 10” X 5”) Covered In Ivory Fondant On 13” Board Covered In Ivory Fondant With Ivory Ribbon.
- 1 Thin White Paper Lolly Sticks
- Paint Brush & Water
- Royal Icing
Hints & Tips
- Always read the project sheet in full before starting your cake!
- To make your own modelling paste, add a little tylo to your fondant.
- Allow the modelling paste shapes to sit and firm up for a short time before attaching to your cake.
- If your modelling paste is sticking to your tools or mat use your FMM Dab-a-Dust for dusting with cornflour or icing sugar.
To Make The Entwined Heart Topper
- Knead together the pink modelling and flower paste. Roll it out and allow it to dry for a few minutes. Cut out the hearts. (Prepare 24 hours in advance).
To Make The Entwined Heart Side Design
- Roll out ivory modelling paste. Allow the paste to dry for a few minutes. Cut out 5 Entwined Hearts. Allow them to sit for a few minutes to firm up.
To Make The Ruffles
- Roll out pink modelling paste. Using the third largest circle for the geometrics cutter set cut out 20 circles. Ensure the paste is rolled thinly. Thin the edges of the circles with the ball tool ensuring the ball tool is half on the circle and half on the foam pad. Set to one side to firm up for a few minutes.
To Make The Mr & Mrs Inscription
- Roll out pink modelling paste. Allow the paste to dry for a few minutes. Cut out the Mr & Mrs inscription. Make sure you get rid of any excess paste from around the cutter using the FMM Knife and Scriber Tool. Leave to firm up for a few minutes.
Assembling The Cake
- Starting with the ruffles. Wet around the bottom of the top tier using water and then take 1 of the pink circles and lightly fold it in half then fold again in half then pinch the pointed part to make a small ruffle. Attach to the bottom of the cake continuing around the cake until there is 1 full row. Repeat this process for the bottom of the top tier.
- Attach the ivory Entwined Hearts to the bottom tier with water. Starting from the centre and placing the hearts each side spacing them equally around the bottom of the cake.
- Attach the Mr & Mrs inscription to the bottom on the middle tier with water.
- Attach the dry ‘Entwined Hearts’ cake topper to the cake with royal icing and supported by a lolly stick.