Happy Birthday Cake
Happy Birthday Cake
November 20, 2017
Equipment You Will Need
- FMM HAPPY BIRTHDAY CUTTER
- FMM CHILD’S PLAY TAPPIT
- FMM ART DECO UPPERCASE LETTERS
- FMM KNIFE & SCRIBER TOOL
- FMM DAB-A-DUST IF REQUIRED
- NON STICK MAT & NON STICK ROLLING PIN
- PINK, ORANGE, BLUE, GREEN, YELLOW MODELLING PASTE
- WATER & PAINTBRUSH (EDIBLE GLUE IF YOU PREFER)
- SUGARCRAFT GUN & DISC WITH MEDIUM HOLE
- 6” X 7” 1 TIER CAKE COVERED IN WHITE FONDANT, BOARD COVERED IN PINK FONDANT AND WHITE RIBBON
- SUGARCRAFT GUN
- WHITE FONDANT
- EDIBLE BLACK PEN
Hints & Tips
- Always read the project sheet in full before starting your cake!
- To make your own modelling paste, add a little tylo to your fondant.
- Allow the modelling paste shapes to sit and firm up for a short time before attaching to your cake.
- If your modelling paste is sticking to your tools or mat use your FMM Dab-a-Dust for dusting with cornflour or icing sugar.
To Make the Cake
- Roll out green modelling paste. Place the Happy Birthday inscription cutter on top and cut. Place to one side to dry off a little.
- Roll out pink modelling paste and cut out a 9” wobbly edged circle using the knife and scriber tool. Wet the top of the cake and stick the pink modelling paste on top. Smooth the sides and secure with a little water.
- Make small threads of modelling paste in different colours to resemble hundreds and thousands. Secure to the top of the cake with water.
- Roll out each colour of modelling paste and cut out balloons using the Child’s Play Tappit. Leave to one side to dry a little.
- Roll out white fondant. Place the ‘Happy Birthday’ cutter on top and cut round it using the knife and scriber tool. Stick the Happy Birthday inscription on top with water. Place to one side to dry off a little.
- Roll out brown modelling paste. Using the Art Deco Letters cut out the inscription for the board. Secure to the board with water.
- Attach the plaque to the cake with water in the front centre.
- Extrude a string of blue paste from the Sugarcraft gun and secure it around the edge of the plaque with water as shown in picture of the cake.
- Attach the balloons around the plaque with water. Draw small strings from the balloons using the black edible pen.