June 18, 2018
Equipment You Will Need
- Fmm Mummy & Baby Llama Set
- Fmm Geometrics Set
- Fmm Essential Shapes
- Fmm Magical Alphabet & Numbers Uppercase
- Fmm Straight Frill 9-12
- Fmm Dab-A-Dust (If Required)
- Non Stick Mat & Non Stick Rolling Pin
- Brown, White, Red, Blue, Orange, Green, & Yellow Modelling Paste
- Water & Paintbrush (Edible Glue If You Prefer)
- 1 Tier 6” X 7” Cake Covered In Light Blue Fondant, 10” Cake Board Covered In Light Blue Fondant Edged With Green And Cream Ribbon
- Edible Pens (Selection Of Colours)
- Royal Icing & Lolly Stick
- Kitchen Knife (Small)
Hints & Tips
- Always read the project sheet in full before starting your cake!
- To make your own modelling paste, add a little tylo to your fondant.
- Allow the modelling paste shapes to sit and firm up for a short time before attaching to your cake.
- If your modelling paste is sticking to your tools or mat use your FMM Dab-a-Dust for dusting with cornflour or icing sugar.
To Make The Mummy Llamas
- Roll out brown and white modelling paste. Cut out a large Llama in each colour. Turn one of them over and smooth the edges with your finger. Cut out a white and brown small rectangle for each Llama to make them a rug for their backs. Roll out blue, yellow, orange and red and make stripes to decorate to the rugs. Attach the stripes to the rectangles and then attach the rugs to the Llama’s backs with water. Place the decorations to one side.
To Make The Cake Topper
- Roll out brown modelling paste. Cut out a brown circle using the largest circle from the geometric set. Cut out a small white Llama, make it a small stripy rug as above and attach to the circle with water. Allow to dry completely (at least 24 hours). (PREPARE 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE)
To Make The Circles
- Roll out green, red, orange, blue and yellow modelling paste. Cut out circles in each colour using the second largest circle with the circle tappit from the essential shapes set. Place the decorations to one side.
To Make The Straight Edge Decoration
- Roll out red modelling paste in a strip. Cut a straight edge down one side using your knife, this will be placed at the bottom of the cake. Cut out a straight edge frill for the bottom of the cake. See photo for the straight edge frill design used. Place to one side.
To Make The Inscription
- Roll out orange, yellow, blue, red and green modelling paste. Use the magical letter set to cut out the inscription ‘Best Wishes’ in alternating colours. Place to one side.
Assembling The Cake
- Attach the large Llamas facing each other on the front centre of the cake.
- Attach the circles to the top of the cake with water in alternating colours.
- Secure the straight edge to the bottom of the cake with water.
- Attach the inscription to the cake board with water.
- Once the Llamas are completely dry use the edible pens to draw on a face, reins, feet and dots around the rugs on the large and small Llamas.
- Attach the circle decoration to the top of the cake by securing to a lolly stick with royal icing to support it.