April 09, 2018
Equipment You Will Need
- FMM LOVE CURVED WORD CUTTER
- FMM GIFT TAG CUTTER SET
- FMM HEART CUTTERS SET OF 4
- FMM DAB-A-DUST (IF REQUIRED)
- FMM ART DECO LOWER CASE LETTER TAPPIT
- FMM KNIFE AND SCRIBER TOOL
- FMM WATER PEN
- NON STICK MAT & NON STICK ROLLING PIN
- LIGHT PINK & DARK PINK MODELLING PASTE
- 1 TIER CAKE (6” & 7”) COVERED IN WHITE FONDANT
- 9” ROUND CAKE BOARD COVERED IN WHITE FONDANT AND DARK PINK RIBBON.
- THIN WHITE PAPER LOLLY STICKS
- ROYAL ICING
Hints & Tips
- Always read the project sheet in full before starting your cake!
- To make your own modelling paste, add a little tylo to your fondant.
- Allow the modelling paste shapes to sit and firm up for a short time before attaching to your cake.
- If your modelling paste is sticking to your tools or mat use your FMM Dab-a-Dust for dusting with cornflour or icing sugar.
To Make a Love 2
- Roll out dark pink modelling paste. Cut out the Love inscription, make sure that you discard and excess paste from the cutter using the FMM Knife and Scriber tool. (Allow to dry flat on a piece of foam for 24 hours).
To Make The Hearts & Bows
- Roll out dark pink modelling paste and cut out 1 large heart and 9 dark pink small bows using the small decorating strip from the FMM Gift Tag Cutter set. Sit to one side to dry off for a few minutes.
- Roll out light pink modelling paste and cut out 7 of the second smallest hearts. Sit to one side to dry off.
To Make The Inscription
- Roll out light pink modelling paste and cut out the inscription ‘all you need is’ using the lowercase FMM Art Deco Lowercase Letter Tappit - make sure that your paste is as dry as possible before cutting and tapping out the lettering.
Assemble The Cake
- Once all the decorations are made it is time to assemble the cake. Attach the large heart to the cake on the front centre using water. Attach a light pink heart in the centre of the dark pink one then attach the dark pink bow with water too. Refer to photograph for guidance.
- Using the water attach a small pink heart above and below the large heart in the centre of the cake. Then attach 2 either side. Making sure they are all in line to keep the cake looking neat and tidy. Refer to the photograph for guidance.
- Attach a small dark pink bow to each heart as in the photograph.
- There are 12 letters in the inscription ‘all you need is’. The centre of the inscription is the space between the words ‘you’ and ‘need’. Using water attach the ‘u’ and the ‘n’ each side of the centre point of the cake board and then work outwards on each side. This will help you to centralise your inscription.
- Attach a dark pink bow with water each side of the inscription.
- Attach the dry ‘Love’ cake topper to the top of the cake with royal icing and lolly sticks for support.