June 12, 2017
Equipment You Will Need
- FMM Love Curved Word Cutter
- FMM Geometric Cutter Set
- FMM Firm Foam Former Pad
- FMM Ball Tool
- FMM Dab-A-Dust (If Required)
- FMM Water Pen
- Non Stick Mat & Non Stick Rolling Pin
- White Fondant
- 2 Tier Cake (6” & 8”) Covered In White Fondant
- Triple Diamante Chain To Decorate
- Thin White Paper Lollipop Sticks
- Gold Edible Dust & Clear Alcohol
- Paint Brush
- Royal Icing
Hints & Tips
- Always read the project sheet in full before starting your cake!
- To make your own modelling paste, add a little tylo to your fondant.
- Allow the modelling paste shapes to sit and firm up for a short time before attaching to your cake.
- If your modelling paste is sticking to your tools or mat use your FMM Dab-a-Dust for dusting with cornflour or icing sugar.
- Roll out white modelling paste. Using the third largest circle from the Geometric Cutter set cut out 20 circles. Ensure the paste is nice and thin. Thin the edges of the circles with the ball tool ensuring the ball tool is half on the circle and half on the foam pad. Set to one side to firm up a little.
- Wet the bottom of the cake with water and then take 1 of the white circles and lightly fold it in half then fold again in half then pinch the pointed part to make a small ruffle. Attach to the bottom of the cake continuing around the cake until there is 1 full row. Repeat this process until the whole of the bottom tier is covered in ruffles.
- Once the ruffles on the bottom tier are completely dry make the gold edible dust into a paint consistency, using the clear alcohol and lightly paint the edges of some of the ruffles.
- Roll out white modelling paste. Cut out the Love inscription. Allow to dry flat on a piece of foam for 24 hours.
- Make the gold edible dust into a paint consistency using the clear alcohol and paint the love inscription.
- Once completely dry attach to the top of the cake securing to lollipop sticks with royal icing. Secure the triple diamante chain to the bottom of the top tier.