Make a Haunted House Cake
Make a Haunted House Cake
October 15, 2018
Equipment You Will Need
- FMM More than a Bird House Cutter
- FMM Impression Mat 1
- FMM Essential Shape Tappit
- FMM Straight Frill 5-8
- FMM Dab-a-Dust
- FMM Special Occasion Tappit
- Purple, Black & Yellow Modelling Paste
- 6” Drum Cake Board
- White & Black Fondant
- Non - Stick board and Rolling Pin
- Paintbrush Water & Knife
Hints & Tips
- Always read the project sheet in full before starting your cake!
- To make your own modelling paste, add a little tylo to your fondant.
- Allow your modelling paste shapes to sit and firm up for a short time before attaching to your cake.
- If your modelling paste is sticking to your tools or mat use your FMM Dab-a-Dust for dusting with either cornflour or icing sugar.
Step By Step
- Lightly knead together some white and black fondant to make grey marble effect fondant. Roll it out approximately 3mm thick. Wet the cake board with some water and place the marble effect fondant on top of the cake board. Trim to fit the size of the board.
- Roll out black modelling paste. Use the bark impression mat from the FMM Impression mat set 1 to create a texture on the paste then cut out panel 3, twice.
- Roll out purple modelling paste and cut panels 1, twice and panel 4, twice.
- Allow all the panels to dry overnight then follow the instructions to assemble the birdhouse on the back of the packet.
- Roll out black modelling paste and using the Essential Shapes Tappit cut out a 3 wonky rectangles. Cut them in half and attach with water to the front of the haunted house to make windows. Refer to picture for positioning.
- Roll out black modelling paste and using the Essential Shapes Tappit cut out a 1 rectangle. Attach to the haunted house to make a door.
- Roll out black modelling paste & cut out a strip of modelling paste using the triangle frill cutter from the FMM Straight Frill set 5-8. Cut to length and attach to the edge of the roof with water as shown in picture.
- Roll out yellow modelling paste and using the Essential Shapes Tappit cut out 3 oval shapes, cut a straight edge along the bottom to fit inside the windows see photograph for reference. Roll out black modelling paste and using the Essential Shapes Tappit cut out 3 smaller oval shapes trim the bottom to make a straight edge. Attach the small black oval shape on the yellow one and attach the yellow shapes to your windows to look like eyes.
- Roll out black modelling paste and cut out 4 bats using the FMM Special Occasion Tappit set. Attach 1 bat to the peak of the roof and the other 3 to the cake board with water.