Mr & Mrs Cake
Mr & Mrs Cake
June 12, 2017
Equipment You Will Need
- FMM Mr & Mrs Curved Word Cutter
- FMM Easiest Carnation Cutter
- FMM Tiara Cutter
- FMM Multi-Ribbon Cutter
- FMM Blossom Set Of 3
- FMM Firm Foam Former Pad
- FMM Knife & Scriber Tool
- FMM Dab-A-Dust (If Required)
- FMM Water Pen
- FMM Piping Bag
- FMM Piping Nozzle 2
- Non Stick Mat & Non Stick Rolling Pin
- White Modelling Paste
- Black Paste Mix Of 50/50 Modelling Paste & Flower
- 3 Tier Cake (4”, 6”, 8”) Top, Bottom Tier & Board Covered In White, Middle Tier Covered In Black
- Diamante Chain To Decorate
- Small Cel Pin
- 8” Round Polystyrene Dummy
- Homemade Template For Jacket Lapel
- Homemade Triangle Template
- Royal Icing & Pearl Sugar Balls
Hints & Tips
- Always read the project sheet in full before starting your cake!
- To make your own modelling paste, add a little tylo to your fondant.
- Allow the modelling paste shapes to sit and firm up for a short time before attaching to your cake.
- If your modelling paste is sticking to your tools or mat use your FMM Dab-a-Dust for dusting with cornflour or icing sugar.
To Make the Cake
- Roll out white modelling paste to approximately 2mm – 3mm thick. Place the larger of the easiest carnation cutters on top and cut out the shape.
- Cut the shape in half horizionatally. Place on the firm foam former pad and use the cel pin to frill the edges. Place on piece of foam and allow to become firmer and easier to handle. Repeat this process 10 times.
- Wet the top section of the bottom tier of the cake using the water pen. Starting at the top in the centre attach the first ruffle strip. Continue this around the top of the tier.
- Move down to the next row until you have used up all the pieces already prepared. Once they have all been attached repeat these steps again until the whole of the bottom tier is covered in ruffles.
- Roll out black modelling/flower paste. Cut out Mr & Mrs curved word inscription. Shape the inscription by drying on the side of an 8” round polystyrene dummy.
- Once completely dry (24-48 hours) attach to the board in front of the bottom ruffled tier with water and support discreetly with a small amount of royal icing behind the letters.
- Measure the height of the cake and make a triangle template. Roll out white modelling paste and cut out a triangle. Attach to the centre section of the middle tier with water.
- Make a template for the jacket lapel. Roll out the black modelling/flower paste. Place the homemade template for the jacket lapel on top and cut out the shape twice. One for the right and one for the left. Attach each side of the white triangle with water.
- Roll out black modelling paste make a bow using the multi ribbon tool. Refer to our Multi-ribbon tool product sheet for instructions. Attach with water. Secure diamante chain around the bottom of the middle tier.
- Roll out white modelling paste. Cut out medium and large size blossoms. Attach with water. Secure a sugar ball in the centre of each blossom with water.
- Roll out black modelling/flower paste. Cut out a mini tiara. Shape and allow to dry - a rolling pin is perfect for drying on to shape the tiara. Attach with water.
- Secure diamante chain around the bottom of the top tier.