November 20, 2017
Equipment You Will Need
- FMM DOUBLE SIDED CUPCAKE CUTTER BLOSSOM
- FMM Essential Shapes Tappit
- FMM Straight Frill 1-4
- FMM Press-Ice Polka 1
- FMM Multi-Ribbon Tool
- FMM Blossom Set Of 3
- FMM Ball TooL
- FMM Firm Foam Former Pad
- Pale Pink Fondant (approx. 200G)
- Pale Pink Flowerpaste (approx. 30G)
- Black Modelling Paste Or 50/50 Mix (approx. 30G)
- Pink Petal Dust
Hints & Tips
- Always read the project sheet in full before starting your cake!
- To make your own modelling paste, add a little tylo to your fondant.
- Allow the modelling paste shapes to sit and firm up for a short time before attaching to your cake.
- If your modelling paste is sticking to your tools or mat use your FMM Dab-a-Dust for dusting with cornflour or icing sugar.
- Roll out some pink flowerpaste to around 1-2mm thickness. Using the flower side of the Cup Cake Cutter, cut two flowers. Place onto the Firm Foam Pad and use the Ball Tool to soften the edges. Dry on a flower former, spoon or similar to give it a slightly cupped shape.
- Once dry, use a little pink petal dust to make the inside a little bit darker. Roll out some black paste and cut the second smallest circle from the Essential Shapes Tappit. Affix with a little water to the centre of the flower.
- Roll out some pink fondant to approx. 3-5mm thick. Using the cupcake side of the Cupcake Cutter, cut out two cupcake toppers and use Press-Ice POLKA 1 to impress the polka pattern on to the topper.
- Roll out some black paste to about 1mm thickness. Use the Essential Shapes Tappit to cut the smallest circles, using a little water to stick them on to the toppers following the polka pattern.
- Use a little water or small ball of fondant to attach the flower to the polka dot topper. Place onto your cupcake.
- Roll out the fondant and cut two cupcake toppers.
- Roll out some black paste. Use the Essential Shapes Tappit to cut 4 x smallest circle, 4 x second smallest and 2 x third smallest. Arrange them on the cupcake topper as shown, using a little water to stick them down.
- Use the smallest of the blossom cutters to cut two flowers from the pink paste. Place onto the Firm Foam Pad and use the small end of the ball tool to press onto the centre of the blossom, cupping it up a little. Dust the centre and add a tiny ball of black paste to the centre.
- Use a little water to stick the blossom onto the central spot on the cupcake topper.
- Cut a further two cupcake toppers from the pink fondant.
- Roll out the black paste to around 1-2mm thickness and use the ribbon cutter to make two strips, one approx. 2.5cm wide and the other 0.5cm. Use the Straight Frill cutter on one edge of the wider strip.
- Allowing them to overlap the edge, use a little water to stick the frills and ribbon to the cupcake toppers as shown. Flip the topper over and use the cupcake cutter to cut the over-hanging frill and ribbon, so it has the same shape as the topper.
- Roll out some pink flowerpaste to around 1-2mm and cut six of the medium, again using the foam pad and ball tool to cup the shape a little.
- Again, dust the centre and add a tiny ball of black paste. Use water to stick three blossoms to each topper as shown.