Rainbow Cloud Cake
Rainbow Cloud Cake
November 20, 2015
Equipment you will need
Hints & Tips
- Always read the project sheet in full before starting your cake!
- To make your own modelling paste, add a little tylo to your fondant.
- Allow the modelling paste shapes to sit and firm up for a short time before attaching to your cake.
- If your modelling paste is sticking to your tools or mat use your FMM Dab-a-Dust.
To Make The Rainbow & Cloud Cake
- Cut out various cloud shapes in different shades of green. Cut all the bottoms of the clouds so they have a flat edge with the FMM Knife & Scriber Tool. Place 2 on your work mat. Overlap cloud 2 on cloud 1. Place the cutter for cloud 2 over the top of cloud 2 and cut in to cloud 1 below it. Remove any excess paste. Cloud 1 will now fit neatly in to cloud 2 like a jigsaw puzzle. Continue this with your clouds until you have enough to cover the bottom of your tier of cake in shrubs. Attach them to your cake with water.
- Cut out 1 white cloud using cloud cutter number 4 and attach with water on the front centre of your cake to make your sheep.
- Cut out a large oval shape using the Essential Shapes Tappits with black modelling paste and attach to the sheep’s body. Cut out 2 of the smallest oval shapes with your Essential Shapes Tappits and attach to the sheep’s head with water for eyes. Roll 2 small balls of paste and attach with water on top of the eyes to make pupils. Roll 2 small pieces of black modelling paste for legs and 2 more for the sheeps ears. Attach with water.
- Cut out 2 green clouds using cloud cutter number 4. Attach them halfway up the cake with water.
- Make 2 tree stumps with brown modelling paste. Use the FMM Knife & Scriber Tool to emboss the tree trunks. Attach them to the cake with water.
- Cut out clouds in the shapes of your choice with white modelling paste and attach to your cake with water as shown in photo. Cut out 2 cloud shapes number 5 with white modelling paste and allow to dry over night.
- Cut out flower blossoms in various colours and attach to the cake with water. Roll small balls of white paste and place in the centre of the flowers.
- Roll a thin sausage of red, yellow, pink, green, purple, orange and blue modelling paste. Make them all equal thickness.
- Curve the red modelling paste sausage in a semi-circle shape as shown in photo. Wet the inside edge with a little water the attach your yellow sausage of modelling paste. Wet the inside then add the next colour and continue until all the rainbow colours have been used. Cut both ends so they are even and allow to dry overnight.
- Once your rainbow is dry it will stand up. Make 2 small cubes of light blue paste and attach with water to the top of the cake to use as a support for your rainbow. Attach the rainbow to the cubes of paste with water then attach the 2 white dry clouds in front at the bottom of each end again using water.
- Cut out your inscription for the cake with your chunky funky letter tappits in the colour of your choice and attach to the cake with water.
- Draw 3 small v shapes on your cake with your edible pen to represent birds.