Using the FMM Tiara Cutters
Using the FMM Tiara Cutters
November 20, 2015
Equipment you will need
Hints & Tips
- Always read the project sheet in full before starting your cake!
- To make your own modelling paste, add a little tylo to your fondant.
- Allow the modelling paste shapes to sit and firm up for a short time before attaching to your cake.
- If your modelling paste is sticking to your tools or mat use your FMM Dab-a-Dust.
To Use The FMM Tiara Cutters
- Cut out a tiara in white modelling paste using the large FMM Tiara Cutter. Lay it across a 4” round polystyrene dummy. Once this has dried off a little you can stand it up and allow your tiara to continue drying for at least 24 hours.
- Cut out 16 small tiara’s in white modelling paste. Use your knife and scriber tool to carefuly remove the small hearts, as these will be used on the lace border. Lay the small tiaras and hearts flat on a non-stick surface for a few minutes to firm up.
- Starting in the top centre of the bottom tier of your cake, attach the small tiara’s with a little water. Then attach another row underneath the opposite way up and in between the row above. Refer to the cake photograph to see pattern. Use the small hearts to cover the joins where the 2 tiara’s meet.
- Using the third largest circles cut out 20 of circles of white modelling paste, rolled thinly. Thin the edges of the circles with your ball tool ensuring the ball tool is half on the circle and half on the foam pad. Set to one side to firm up a little and continue to cut out more circles until you have enough for 2 rows around the bottom tier of your cake, see photo.
- Wet the bottom of the cake with water and then take 1 of the white circles and lightly fold it in half then fold again in half the pinch the pointed part so you have a small ruffle. Attach to the bottom of the cake the continue until you have 2 rows around the cake.
- Tie ribbon around the cake. In the front centre of your top tier scribe a heart on using your template and FMM Knife and Scriber tool.
- Using the second largest circle cut out 20 of circles of pink modelling paste,rolled thinly. Thin the edges of the circles with the ball tool ensuring the ball tool is half on the circle and half on the foam pad. Set to one side to firm up a little and continue to cut out more circles until you have enough to fill the heart you have inscribed on to the front of the cake.
- Wet inside the heart with water and then take 1 of your pink circles and lightly fold it in half then fold again in half then pinch the bottom so you have a small ruffle. Attach to the area inside your heart. Ensuring you keep a heart shape. Repeat steps 8 & 9 with white modelling paste to create a white frame of ruffles around your heart.
- Once the tiara is dry you can add a little sparkle. Wet the tiara with a little water and sprinkle the tiara with Rainbow Dust White Hologram sparkle. Spray with Clear glaze to prevent the Hologram sparkle from falling on the cake. Attach to the top of your cake with royal icing.