You & Me Cake
You & Me Cake
June 12, 2017
Equipment You Will Need
- FMM Love Curved Word Cutter
- FMM GEOMETRIC CUTTER SET
- FMM FIRM FOAM FORMER PAD
- FMM BALL TOOL
- FMM DAB-A-DUST (IF REQUIRED)
- FMM WATER PEN
- NON STICK MAT
- NON STICK ROLLING PIN
- WHITE FONDANT
- WHITE & BLACK MODELLING PASTE
- GREY PASTE MIX OF 50/50 MODELLING PASTE & FLOWER
- 2 TIER CAKE
- BOARD COVERED IN WHITE FONDANT
- DIAMANTE CHAIN TO DECORATE
- CRAFT GUN
- COCKTAIL STICKS
- THIN WHITE PAPER LOLLY STICKS EQUIPMENT
- 5” ROUND POLYSTYRENE DUMMY
Hints & Tips
- Always read the project sheet in full before starting your cake!
- To make your own modelling paste, add a little tylo to your fondant.
- Allow the modelling paste shapesto sit and firm up for a short timebefore attaching to the cake.
- If the modelling paste is sticking to your tools or mat use the FMM Dab-a-Dust for dusting with either cornflour or icing sugar.
- Roll out white modelling paste and cut out strips of pasteapproximately 1” thick. Using the ball tool ruffle 1 edge of the strip. Allow them to dry a little.
- Wet the top section of the bottom tier with the water pen. Attach 2 rows of white ruffles.
- Add a small amount of black modelling paste to the white modelling paste to make light grey modelling paste. Repeat process 1 and 2 above. Keep adding a small amount of black modelling paste each time you make another 2 rows of ruffles for the bottom tier. Each time the ruffles will be a little darker. This will create an ombre ruffle effect on the bottom tier of the cake.
- Roll out grey modelling/flower paste and cut out You & Me curved word inscription. Dry completely on the side of a 5” round polystyrene dummy.
- Measure around the outside of the top tier of the cake and divide by 4.
- Place a cocktail stick a small way in the cake all the way round.
- Knead a small amount of white fondant and place in the craft gun. Extrude the fondant from the gun through the disc with the circle cut out.
- Drape the white fondant string over the cocktail sticks, allowing it to loop between to make the design on the top tier of the cake. Refer to photograph.
- Roll out grey modelling paste, cut out strips of paste using the straight frill cutter. Refer to photograph for the shape of the frill. Attach with water.
- Attach the dry You & Me curved word inscription to the top of the cake with water. Place a white paper lolly stick discreetly behind to give the words support if necessary.
- Secure diamante chain around the bottom of the top and bottom cake tier.